[Samba] samba3 to samba3 domain membership failing

ahall at madasafish.com ahall at madasafish.com
Sun Jan 29 20:59:14 GMT 2006

Thanks for the help chaps.

For some reason my brain can't read documentation on a screen very well, so I've
(probably stupidly) spent hard-earned cash on the treeware version of the
official HOWTO. I shall endevour to read it.

Adding the domain member workstation account manually and then re-running the net
rpc join command worked, so I now have a domain member Samba fileserver. The
hassle of getting there makes the end result strangely satisfying.

Thanks again. I'll be keeping an eye on the mailing list in the hope of helping
others who may be new to all this too.

---- - Message sent via Madasafish Webmail - http://www.madasafish.com/ Up to 8Mb Broadband now from just £11.99 a month