[Samba] Samba PDC with Slave LDAP server

ashok cvs ashokcvs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 05:34:49 GMT 2006

Hi all

Thanks for Replying , i have another query.

In BDC , according the samba3-by example PDF,
IDMAP is said to be pointed to Master LDAP Server.
But in Master LDAP server i have samba 3.0.21, which is configured as PDC,
i have created users and all windows users are able to login to PDC.

but i have only these entries in ou=Idmap, in Master LDAP server
dn:ou=Idmap,dc=mydomain,dc=com
objectClass: Organizational Unit
objectClass: SambaunixIdpool
ou: idmap
uidnumber: 10000
gidnumber: 10000

Apart from these entries in ou=Idmap, i donot have any other entries,

i home some how feel, there should be more entires, ie when ever a user is
created
there should some entry.

what is wrong,

now since i have already created users, and all my windows clients are
already joined,
without disturibing the current environment, is it possible to correct the
Idmap problem.

please guide  me

Regards
ashok