[Samba] Samba and add printer drivers from xp

support_mail support_mail at alphadeltaingenierie.com
Fri Jan 27 17:09:50 GMT 2006

Hi
i use samba server with winxp box on our lan from 3 years and before i can
"upload" the xp drivers from a xp machine to samba server without any
problem's but recently after un hard disk crash, i upgrade my mandriva
server to the last release mdv (2006.0)  and now i wasn t able to upload the
drivers again, directly from the server if i do, loged in root the cmd
addsmb -a -v evry thing go fine, from xp clients i can see the new name of
the drivers but in the samba share of drivers there is no file in the x86
directory ..
so i don t hunderstant and find why the upload can t work any way
these the error message of xp client (sorry i m french and so i put the
message in french and try to translate it the better i can):
french :
 "Assistant ajout de pilote d'imprimante : Impossible d'installer le pilote
HP OfficeJet R80, windows 2000 ou XP,Intel. Impossible de terminer cette
opération"
English :
"Assistant addition of pilot of printer: Impossible to install the pilot HP
OfficeJet R80, Windows 2000 or XP, INTEL. Impossible to finish this
operation"

Perhaps if you autoriz me i can put snapshot in another mail to explain wath
i do :
from the xp client i logon to the samba pdc with the root account, i browse
our networ, server, printer i do a right clic and choise "propriety of
server" i go to the driver tab and clic the add buton after i make the
correct choise of printer model, os and so on and finaly have the error
message
I try to have a simultany look of samba, cups and syslog message but nothing
else bad juste when i open the printer wizard share a error in sylog who say
: Jan 27 18:07:30 alpha smbd[4797]:   supervision (192.168.0.10) couldn't
find service ::{2227a280-3aea-1069-a2de-08002b30309d}
i know this is the printer in windows registry but i don 't understand realy
the problem my var/cache/samba/printers seems to be ok and on window i haven
t another printers than printer server (one hp an one pdf).
thank