[Samba] Re: Cannot map guest shares in 'security = SERVER' mode o nsamba-3.0.9

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jan 27 13:26:43 GMT 2006

Rene Kapeller wrote:

> I did read the man pages all through, but I'm lost! After struggling for
> 4 days, I decided to step back to samba-2.2.9, where everything works fine!

Did you try the other options for 'map to guest'?

For example, "Bad User" implies that if connecting as an *existing*
user, that maptoguest will never apply.

said manpage says "Bad Uid" was the default behavior of Samba 2.x
releases. but you already knew that, right?  (-:  Did you you try
map to guest = Bad Uid

Now what does the samba logs say when trying to connect (and it fails)?
  I see no reference to any "public" share in the previous logs you posted.

-- Rex