[Samba] 3.0.10 not joined NT4 domain

Melnikov Denis dmelnik at regent.ru
Fri Jan 27 12:45:22 GMT 2006

Hi, all!

I want to make Squid authorize users via NT4 domain.
I have Samba 3.0.10 (further named PROXY) and NT4SP3 PDC
(named CONTROL).

First, I try to join domain:

# net rpc join -U admin
Password: (I enter)
Joined domain: REGENT.CENTER.

It seems to be OK, but the following record appears in PDC's
system log:

Event ID: 5723
Source:   NETLOGON
Type:     Error
The session setup from the computer PROXY failed because there
is no trust account in the security database for this computer.
The name of the account referenced in the security database is PROXY$.

Then,

# wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_PIPE_NOT_AVAILABLE (0xc00000ac)
Could not check secret

I have catched network packets for both `net rpc join` and
`wbinfo`. So I may expose the dump if it will be useful.

My smb.conf:

[global]
workgroup = REGENT.CENTER
netbios name = proxy
server string = Samba Server
security = domain
password server = *
interfaces = eth1
dns proxy = no
idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
template shell = /bin/false
winbind use default domain = no   # tried 'yes' as well

Regards,
Denis