[Samba] Samba daemons hang trying to lock locking.tdb

Fermin Molina fermin at asic.udl.es
Thu Jan 26 22:57:51 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 12:23 -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 04:11:33PM +0100, Fermin Molina wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > A day or so after starting samba, some daemons (diferent forks) begin to
> > hang. Then, the WinXP clients hang too completely.
> >
> > When I try to figure out what is happen, I see that smbd daemons hangs
> > always in a fcntl64() call:
> >
> > # strace -p 6414
> > Process 6414 attached - interrupt to quit
> > fcntl64(14, F_SETLKW64, {type=F_WRLCK, whence=SEEK_SET, start=3684, len=1}  <unfinished ...>
> > Process 6414 detached
> > #
> >
> > The file descriptor 14 corresponds to /var/lib/samba/locking.tdb file.
> > A backtrace using gdb from one stalled daemon:
>
> Known bug we fixed with 3.0.21a (in fact this was the *reason*
> for 3.0.21a... :-).

Errr... well, please, read at end of my email :-)

-------
The number of smbd daemons stalled increases in time.
I'm using FC4 with last updates installed and samba 3.0.21a.

Maybe is a kernel related problem with file locking?

Thanx in advance!
-------

The fact is that I have installed 3.0.21a samba version. FC4's RPMs from
samba.org web, and I get the same behaviour.

Thanx in advance!

--
Fermin Molina Ibarz
Tècnic sistemes - ASIC