[Samba] samba domain controller with ldap and groupOfUniqueNames groups

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Jan 23 17:56:43 GMT 2006

I'm having some trouble with groups which contain the groupofuniquenames
objectclass.

I'm running Samba 3.0.9 on RHEL 3 as a domain controller, and otherwise,
it functions properly.  When looking at groups which only have the
posixGroup and sambaGroupMapping objectclasses with "net rpc group
members", I'll get a list of users.  However, if the group in LDAP has
the groupOfUniqueNames objectclass, I won't get any users listed, even
if the users are enumerated with posixGroup's memberUid attribute.

Is this a known issue?  Is there anything that I can do to make this
work correctly?  I'd prefer to use the uniqueMember attribute so that I
can use the same group definitions with posix and non-posix systems.