[Samba] Machine account with object class sambaSAMAccount required?

Alexander von Hedenstroem alexander.von.hedenstroem at artegic.de
Sat Jan 21 08:52:51 GMT 2006

Hi!

I have a problem connecting WinXP clients to my samba3/ldap domain (see my
earlier post). I'm using the idealx scripts and they do create a machine
account, even if i try to add the machine from WinXP itself.

Now I noticed the machine account created by this script has object classes
top, inetOrgPerson and posixAccount, but NOT sambaSAMAccount. Is this
correct? I thought they should be sambaSAMAccounts too, like the users
are...

Thanks, Alexander.