[Samba] ldap filter

R.J. Baart R.J.Baart at Prompt.NL
Fri Jan 20 20:05:47 GMT 2006

I've read that the smb.conf configuration option "ldap filter" is removed after
samba version 3.0.14. Why is that? I could not found an explanation or work
around.

For one of the networks we maintain it is a very crucial  option because in
one LDAP directory are 5 domains stored. With

    ldap filter = (&(sambaDomainName=<DOMAIN_NAME>)(uid=%u))

we make these samba-servers work without a problem. But if we can't filter
username, SID's and groupname are not proper seperated.

Met vriendelijke groet/Regards

Prompt
R.J. Baart
Kerkstraat 173