[Samba] Samba PDC with ldap: adding machines won't work

Alexander von Hedenstroem alexander.von.hedenstroem at artegic.de
Fri Jan 20 18:38:45 GMT 2006

Hi!

Several days I'm trying to connect samba3 with openldap (both debian sarge).
I think I'm not too far away, but now I'm stuck.

smbldap-tools are working now. I updated to the newest scripts from idealx.
I can create a machine with smbldap-useradd -w "%u", and this is done
automatically when I try to put my WinXP clients to the domain. The result
of both is exactly the same.

Nevertheless windows aborts with a message like "user not found". at this
moment, a line "_samr_create_user: running the command smbldap-useradd -w
mango$ gave 9" pops up in my daemon.log.

Thank you all for your help!