[Samba] winbind necessary when samba is configured with ldap

ashok cvs ashokcvs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:50:27 GMT 2006

hi

but in samba documentation, idmap is set to ldap://localhost:389
and winbind default domain = yes
idmap uid 10000-20000
idmap gid 10000-20000
i have set default domain = no,  in my pdc,
does it affect my pdc,
In ldap also there is an ou=idmap, does have only one entry .
what exactly is this "winbind default domain = yes " means,

Regards
Niranjan

greez