[Samba] Samba domain support on an embedded platform

Anthony Russello arussello at wiarcomputing.com
Fri Jan 20 05:05:33 GMT 2006

Hi All,

I've been reading through the archives, and am still reading through
now, but I figured I would ask this anyways.

My task is to support domain users and groups on an embedded network
device using Samba 3.0.14a (upgrading would be difficult, due to the
qualification testing our QA department would require).

I'm trying to determine the minimum set of required libraries and
applications in order to support both mixed mode and native windows 2000
domains.

We need to:
  - join the domain
  - be able to import users and groups from the domain
  - be able to assign users and groups to shares on the device

All within a small footprint.

I know that this isn't exactly the goal of the samba project, but I'd
like to get a small footprint samba installation with all of the
required components in order to support domain logons in both mixed and
native mode domains.

Thanks in advance,
Anthony