[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 pbedit

Antonio Sosa asosa at ansotech.com
Thu Jan 19 21:18:28 GMT 2006

Hi all

Have an installation that is having problems using samba 2.2.5 on AIX
5.1

When I try to use the pdbedit command I get the following

What I ultimately want to do is have samba expire and force the users to
change their passwords periodically.

I realize that it looks like I am missing a lib here but which one and
where do I get it. The company I work for is strict on installations on
the machine so I need an AIX rpm, smitty install or off of AIX cd. Much
thanks to all.

root] /usr/local/bin> pdbedit -P "maximum password age" -C 90
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program pdbedit because of the following
errors:
        0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for
/usr/lib/libc.a(posix_aio.o) because:
        0509-136   Symbol _posix_kaio_rdwr (number 2) is not exported
from
                   dependent module /unix.
        0509-136   Symbol _posix_listio (number 3) is not exported from
                   dependent module /unix.
        0509-136   Symbol _posix_acancel (number 4) is not exported from

                   dependent module /unix.
        0509-136   Symbol _posix_iosuspend (number 5) is not exported
from
                   dependent module /unix.
        0509-136   Symbol _posix_aio_nwait (number 6) is not exported
from
                   dependent module /unix.
        0509-136   Symbol _posix_iofsync (number 7) is not exported from

                   dependent module /unix.
        0509-192 Examine .loader section symbols with the
                 'dump -Tv' command.