[Samba] Samba LDAP caching when LDAP server unavailable - possible?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jan 19 17:00:57 GMT 2006

Michael Gasch schrieb:
>>> you could set up openldap to do syncrepl and have a full copy of your
>>> samba domain stuff that's in ldap.  if the connection goes down, the
>>> ldap stuff is there and if you have it set up like a bdc, you can
>>> still login, etc.
>>

>> Yep, that's how it's normally done.
>
> what about setting up a BDC in the subnet the router can access by
> ethernet (builtin switch, subnet behind the router). this connection is
> alays "on", isn´t it?

It's a solution for a small office.

A couple of workstations, this tiny router running Samba instead of a
server; connection to the outside through ADSL, nothing more.

When ADSL doesn't connect (because an employee disconnected the modem,
because he needed a power outlet to make tee), we're in trouble.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org