[Samba] Samba from Linux

Peter Gordon peter at pg-consultants.com
Thu Jan 19 12:05:25 GMT 2006

I have Samba running on a Linux computer and I can connect to it from
Windows. It also appears in Explorer as one of the workstations of our
domain.

When I try to mount from another Linux computer:

smbmount //samba/software /aaa -o username=me,workgroup=wg,password=pass

I get an error
11127: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

On the Samba server, winbindd is running, as are smbd and nmbd.

Does anyone have any suggestion for finding out what the problem is?

Thanks

Peter