[Samba] samba menber of AD domain and ACL support question

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Thu Jan 19 00:32:14 GMT 2006

> That was the whole point of explaining the "This folder" and
> "subfolders & files" bit.  You might also need 'map acl inherit
> = yes'.  I can't remember right now.

Sorry, I still don't understand - so if permissions only apply to "this
folder" as opposed to "subfolders & files", then the "this folder"
permissions won't show up on that main tab?

Okay, I just tried it with a local filesystem folder and that is the
case - if you give a user any permissions but tell Windows that it only
applies to "This folder only" then those permissions don't show up on
the initial Security tab.  You have to click 'Advanced' to see what
sort of permissions that user has been given.  I guess it makes sense...

> Have you tested the acl I described?  It shows correctly on my ext3
> fs.

No, I've yet to get ACLs going, so I was just using basic UNIX
permissions.

Cheers,
Adam.