[Samba] Can anyone get winbind to update group membership?

Michael Gasch gasch at eva.mpg.de
Wed Jan 18 11:23:31 GMT 2006

hi,

i tried to reproduce your error in a NT domain style with samba 3.0.14a
PDC (openldap backend) incl. a samba 3.0.20b fileserver

i tweaked winbind cache time to 60s and everything works as expected:
- a user, who is in a group that has write perms, can write
- remove user from this group -> user cannot write anymore
- add user again to this group -> user can write again

greez

--
Michael Gasch
Department of Human Evolution (IT)