[Samba] undefined reference to `swrap_close'

imacat imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw
Wed Jan 18 09:09:58 GMT 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 22:11:59 +1100
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> Yeah, the problem is that the testsuite was meant to be revamped to use
> Samba4, but it hasn't happened yet.  I don't think the current 'make
> test' does much at the moment.

    Oh, I see now.  But this violates my common sense that I always
"make test" and verify the test result and potential problems before
"make install".  It make me nervus to live without a good "make test"
result, you know.

> >     The low-level solution seems to be simple: add bin/socket_wrapper.o.
> > to the end of the ld arguments.  But maybe it should be fixed in
> > Makefile.in.  To the end of MNT_OBJ and UMOUNT_OBJ, maybe?
>
> No, I think we need to avoid smbmnt getting these defines.  This is a
> setuid app, and I'm worried by how socket wrapper (and the environment
> variable based changes in behaviour) would interact, in a security
> sense.

    Oh.  Thank you for reminding me this.  This is *really* a serious
security issue.  I've recompiled all my samba without socket_wrapper.
Thanks again for pointing out this.

--
imacat ^_*'
imacat at mail.imacat.idv.tw