[Samba] Exporting user profiles and printers

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Tue Jan 17 23:44:01 GMT 2006

> I was already able to export the users, now I need to find out how to
> bring over the profiles. I also need to know how to bring over the
> printers.

Aren't users' profiles stored in their home directories?  They may also
be stored locally on the Windows box, depending on how things are
configured.

I think the printer info is stored in the .tdb files (at least if you
use the default tdb backend) so presumably by coping those files across
you can effectively duplicate the Samba configuration.  If you're only
interested in the printers, then copying ntprinters.tdb and maybe also
ntdrivers.tdb would be where I'd start.

Cheers,
Adam.