[Samba] samba menber of AD domain and ACL support question

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Tue Jan 17 23:39:42 GMT 2006

> - why get I a strange display on security option ?

Samba has always behaved like this for me, but I'm not exactly sure
why.  If you scroll down you'll notice that 'Special Permissions' is
ticked, which is Windows' way of saying "there are permissions that
don't fit the checkboxes here."  It seems to work fine if you just
ignore that initial permissions window and use the Advanced options
only.

> - why can't I able to modify privileges via windows ?

I'm not 100% sure on this one, but I think it's because you're not
logged on as a user that Samba thinks has admin access.  You might be
logging in as "Administrator" on the Windows box, but does Samba know
this user should have admin/root access?

Cheers,
Adam.