[Samba] Authentification problem

Christophe_Gillard at zieglergroup.com Christophe_Gillard at zieglergroup.com
Tue Jan 17 09:46:20 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I have a samba (release 3.0.13) on RH7.3 server.

I have sometimes a problem to authentifiate a computer on startup (xp)

Only sometimes, i can't connect with my password. If y try more times, it
work??

I have seen this line in my log:

check_ntlm_password:  Authentication for user [CGILLARD] -> [CGILLARD]
FAILED with error NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD

Here's my smb.conf:

[global]
    wins support = yes
    name resolve order = wins hosts
    domain master = yes
    security = user
    printing = cups
    printcap name = cups
    encrypt passwords = yes
    nt acl support = yes
    workgroup = DOMAIN
    server string = Linux Server
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    load printers = yes
    max log size = 50
    update encrypted = yes
    netbios name = NT_TUX
    netbios aliases = DOM_TUX
    utmp = yes
    utmp directory = /var/log/samba/utmp
    wtmp directory = /var/log/samba/wtmp
    os level = 44
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    logon script = %u.bat
    domain logons = yes
    username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
    add machine script =/usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false
-M %u
    update encrypted = yes
    unix password sync = yes
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    logon path =
   printer admin = @ADM

I use the win settings on my workstation  (linux ip's server)

Best regards