[Samba] Slightly OT - Samba 3 and Windows DNS

Rogers, Paul Paul.Rogers at mowlem.com
Tue Jan 17 08:40:49 GMT 2006

Mogens

Thanks for the answer.  The problem that I have is with the Samba
servers which have static IP's and so need some way of registering with
the DNS server.  As I say the Windows servers seem to do it
automatically but I need a method for the Linux servers to do it.

I thought of maybe doing something with PUMP but hoped some one else may
already have solved the problem.

Any suggestions?

Paul