[Samba] One SAMBA Server, two networks.

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Mon Jan 16 14:12:46 GMT 2006

   Hello,

    I am making some changes to our network to split the front office
and back office onto two seperate subnets, but need to keep the same
Samba server in place serving both subnets.

    What I am intending to do is install an additional network card into
the server and address this new card for the new subnet. What I am
looking to do is properly broadcast the server's samba
status/availability across both networks and properly serve files/domain
controller data across both subnets.

    To do this, I intend to duplicate all the entries in the lmhosts
file in /etc/samba with the only difference being the network that the
server is broadcasting on.

    Will this work, or is this more complicated then I am currently seeing?

--

    Regards,
    Robert Adkins