RE [Samba] Adding workstations to domain as non-root

James Cort james.cort at u4eatech.com
Mon Jan 16 11:17:36 GMT 2006

Quoting stephane.purnelle at corman.be:

I your log I see two problem or comment :

- Have you configured idealx-tools (smbldap.conf & smbldap_bind.conf)

Yes.  I should mention that I can use Samba as a domain controller and
add workstations just fine provided I add workstations as root - but as
discussed earlier, I don't want to do this.

- Have you added in your ldap_tree the objectclass sambaUnixIdPool into
the entry sambaDomainName="xxxxxxx" (it's the preference entry from
idealx-howto)

I have:

jamesc at cygnus_new ~ $ ldapsearch -D"cn=manager,dc=u4eatech,dc=com" -b
"sambaDomainName=U4EATECH,dc=u4eatech,dc=com" -h localhost -W -v -x
ldap_initialize( ldap://localhost )
Enter LDAP Password:
filter: (objectclass=*)
requesting: ALL
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <sambaDomainName=U4EATECH,dc=u4eatech,dc=com> with scope sub
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# U4EATECH, u4eatech.com
dn: sambaDomainName=U4EATECH,dc=u4eatech,dc=com
sambaSID: S-1-5-21-2044582568-1589646193-1504741369
sambaDomainName: U4EATECH
sambaAlgorithmicRidBase: 1000
gidNumber: 3000
objectClass: sambaDomain