[Samba] Restrict users with their IPs

Roman Makurin drolyk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 10:03:39 GMT 2006

Hi All!

On my samba server I`ve got some stuff with require authorization. I create
needed users for that. These users belong to the same group - private. But
now I want to restrict them even more - I want to bind them to particular
IPs. Eg user1 will be able to connect to private share only from user1_IP,
user2 from user2_IP. How can I do this with samba ?

Here is my private share configuration:

[private]
        comment = [ private stuff ]
        path = /srv/samba/private
        browseable = yes
        guest ok = no
        read only = yes
        valid users = @private
        write list = @private
        force group = private
        hide dot files = yes
        hide unreadable = yes
        create mask = 0660
        directory mask = 0770
        force create mode = 0660
        force directory mode = 0770
        vfs object = audit
        preexec = sh -c 'cat /etc/samba/%S.motd | /usr/bin/smbclient -M %m -I
%I' &

Thanks
--
If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo,
  then Linux is Dolby Digital and all the music is free...