[Samba] OT: How to test if Workstation is (still) a member of the Domain

Malte Mueller malte.mueller at ewetel.net
Fri Jan 13 23:32:15 GMT 2006

Hi,
this is not a samba-problem, but it might be that samba can help me.
When I copy a workstation to several clients, for example using images
or in my case vmware-vdisks, windows has to join the domain afterwards.
This works for 99% of the time, using sysprep, but sometimes it fails.
For that reason I would like to test if the this workstation is a domain
member and call sysprep otherwise. I tried several visual-basic scripts
but they do not allways work in that they give me false positive
answers, so i would just like to know if anybody has any suggestion,
maybe comparing the password hashes or so.

Thanks a lot,
Malte Mueller