[Samba] "valid users" + ldap on Solaris 10 problems

Miki Monguilod mikim at salleurl.edu
Fri Jan 13 19:06:37 GMT 2006

Hi All!

We have just solved the problem.
The error resides in the code placed in
/samba-X.X.X/source/lib/util_getent.c between line 275 and 291 . By
default, when you compile samba with solaris support, samba uses
"getgrnam" function because of the "BROKEN_GETRNAM=1" in Makefile. This
function is what's making samba going wrong. The solution was to undefine
"BROKEN_GETRNAM" in order to make samba use "getgrent()" function
instead.

Thanks for all your help guys!

bye!

Andrew Morgan wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Miki Monguilod wrote:
>
>> Hi Gerald,
>>
>> We have Solaris 10 completely updated up today.
>> About samba and libraries, we have compiled Samba againt OpenLdap
>> libraries (usr/local/lib/libldap.*) and of course, nss_ldap is linked
>> against Sun ldap's libraries /usr/lib/libldap.*) .
>> The big deal is why is Samba using Sun's ldap libraries instead of
>> OpenLdap one's when is getting any group entry.
>> Otherwise thanks for your reply. Have anybody got more ideas?
>

> I bet it works if you run nscd...  :)
>
>     Andy

 Utilitzeu el Servei Online d'Atencio a l'Usuari (http://www.salleURL.edu/csi)
  Nom: Miki 				Cognoms: Monguilod Serena
  Centre de Serveis Informatics (CSI)		e-mail:mikim at salleURL.edu
  Enginyeria i Arquitectura La Salle		PGP KeyID: 0xBBF686E1
  Universitat Ramon Llull			Telefon: 93 290 24 00
  Barcelona				Extensio: 209