[Samba] Major change in Winbind from 3.0.14 to 3.0.20

Pablo Milano pmsmb at datatransfer.com.ar
Fri Jan 13 13:46:15 GMT 2006

As far as I saw, since some microsoft patch for AD, winbind client from
samba 3.0.14 (and prior versions) does not work properly for getting users
and groups from Active Directory. This problem was solved in 3.0.20. I saw
the following text in the samba 3.0.20 changelog:

"Disable schannel on the LSA and SAMR pipes in winbindd client code to deal
with Windows 2003 SP1 and Windows 2000 SP4 SR1."

I would like to know more about this. Does anybody know where I can found
further information about this issue?. Is there any workaround to be able to
keep using winbind from samba 3.0.14?

The reason is that I am using debian "stable" in production environments and
I would want to keep using same version of packages instead of moving to
"testing" or "unstable"

Thanks in advance