[Samba] Granting rights to w2k domain's workstations

Roland Burgermeister burger at bmi-tech.ch
Thu Jan 12 18:12:36 GMT 2006

Hello,

I am a new user in Suse Linux/Samba. I deseperatly try to grant Administrator's and Power user's rights on my domain
user's W2000 workstations. I use Sles9 sp3 Samba 3.020b ans LDAP. I have readed that I shoud use:
net rpc group addmem "Administrators" "Domain Users"...

I get:
Could not loockup group member Domain users
Could not add Domain users to Administrators: NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED

With the "getent group" command I get all the Linux group, but not the default NT group

For mapping the NT to Linux groups I then tryed: net groupmap add ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=ntadmin

I get:
No rid or sid specified, choosing algorithmic mapping
adding entry for group Domain Admins failed!

Same second error message if I add rid=512 at the end of the command line.

With the command "net groupmap list, only my the LDAP's groups appear.

Finaly I am a bit confused with all the versions of Samba, Ldap and Suse. Many documents refered to obsolete commands
What's wrong ?

thanks in advance
Roland Burger