[Samba] Smbclient works - smbmount does not

mwestern at sola.com.au mwestern at sola.com.au
Fri Jan 13 01:31:16 GMT 2006

Hi All,

I have an issue which I see in google that many have with no apparent
answers.

I can use smbclient to browse out windows 2003 and windows 2000 servers.

When I do a

mount -t smbfs -o username=administrator,password=-------
//whadvapp/imports /mnt/imports

It fails with the following:

Unknown parameter encountered: "force create mask"
Ignoring unknown parameter "force create mask"
Unknown parameter encountered: "force directory mask"
Ignoring unknown parameter "force directory mask"
24742: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

I assume that the top 4 lines about ignoring unknown parameters doesn't
matter because I can mount an windows XP box fine.

Samba is part of our active directory and people are using it from their
windows clients.

Samba version:
samba-common-3.0.9-1.3E.5
samba-3.0.9-1.3E.5