[Samba] smbclient

Mark Campbell mcc171 at psu.edu
Thu Jan 12 19:10:12 GMT 2006

Jerry,

Here ya go.

-bash-2.05b$ smbclient -k //xxx.xxx.psu.edu/tmp
ads_krb5_mk_req: krb5_get_credentials failed for
cifs/xxx.xxx.psu.edu at XXX.PSU.EDU (Server not found in Kerberos database)
spnego_gen_negTokenTarg failed: Server not found in Kerberos database
session setup failed: SUCCESS - 0

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]
   workgroup = xxx.psu.edu
   server string = Samba Server
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.smbd
   security = user
   use kerberos keytab = yes
   realm = xxx.psu.edu

==============================
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes

[tmp]
   comment = Tmp Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   path = /tmp

The service tickets I should get is cifs/xxx.xxx.psu.edu at xxx.psu.edu.

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

--
Mark Campbell
Systems Analyst, Advanced Information Technologies