[Samba] winbind without localuser account

Paul Matthews paul.matthews at cathedral.qld.edu.au
Thu Jan 12 01:48:14 GMT 2006

[root at fedora pam.d]# wbinfo -g
builtin\system operators
builtin\replicators
builtin\guests
builtin\power users
builtin\print operators
builtin\administrators
builtin\account operators
builtin\backup operators
builtin\users
domain guests
domain users
domain computers
etc..., etc...

i'm running fedora core 3

i've never used 'getent' before what do i do there?

but i have a local account called 'pma' with the password 'unix' set locally
and the password 'ads' set on active directory, i can set my pam module so i
can login with the username 'pma and password 'ads'. so i think my winbind
is working fine.

ps: i tried that pam module below, same thing happened i can login with my
ads password, but i need a local account without a local account it wont let
me.

i'm using squirriel mail and '/etc/pam.d/dovecot' to test it out.