[Samba] allowing users to install printers

Geoffrey Scott geoffs at guestshire.com
Thu Jan 12 00:20:58 GMT 2006

> It's not very handy to do so with Samba and 100 clients if you know
> what I mean...
>
> Perhaps some registry entry that can be added in a script?

I thought the idea with group policies was that you apply the policy once,
and it takes effect on a whole group of machines.  If your XP machines are
set up properly, you should just be able to apply that policy to all 100 of
them in one go.

Cheers,
Adam.
--

I don't recall if the OP said if he had a win PDC or ads or samba pdc.  But
the full power of group policy is only available to those with a windows

Or there are external packages that can do this for you on a samba
controlled domain.  Tony Earnshaw used to be *quite vocal* ;-) on this list
about one of them (Nitrobit?) from memory.  You could search for his name
and the words group policy in Google.....  It may bring you some joy....
Never used it myself.

Regards Geoff Scott