[Samba] 2TB Limit for Windows Shares?

andy liebman andyliebman at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 23:49:55 GMT 2006

Thanks for the input, please see below.

gasch at eva.mpg.de wrote:
> hi,
>
> i´m sorry, but i cannot ack to this report.
> we have for example one server with 3,12TB (each share shows this space,
> no quotas set)and win xp (pro) clients are fine with this (btw: MAC OSX
> had problems with shares >2TB -> smb.conf has a parameter for virtually
> limiting the disk size)

My Windows XP clients show almost unlimited space as well. BUT, we have
found we cannot actually put more than 2TB of data in the space.

So, Windows shows the space being available, but stops writing once
there are 2TB there. Have you actually put MORE than 2 TBs of data into
that space that says there are 3.12 TB?

Andy