[Samba] authenticating PDC against itself

alphac alphac at email.it
Wed Jan 11 21:37:25 GMT 2006

simo ha scritto:

>On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 20:31 +0100, alphac wrote:
>

>>I need to let squid authenticate against the domain controller but both
>>samba and squid are running on the same machine, but I cannot get to use
>>ntlm.
>>
>>Is it possible do join to the PDC the same machine running the PDC with:
>>net join -S DOMAIN -U Administrator ?.
>>

>yes, you need to do that otherwise you will not be able to make
>ntlm_auth work.
>
>pay attention to the permissions on the winbindd privileged socket you
>must have the correct permission to make things work.

Yes privileges are ok, but I can't use ntlm nor wbinfo, and I can't
understand why, from another linux box with debian I can use wbinfo and
net join without hassels.

>See:
>http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-23.html
>
>section 23.5 should be enough

thanks, I'm reading that but the problem is not squid, it is winbind and
samba authenticating vs itself on localhost.

thanks
--
Guglielmo Dapavo