[Samba] Samba as domain controller

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Wed Jan 11 09:35:27 GMT 2006

Hi,

That's the normal behaviour on an NT Domain. When the PDC is no users can be
modified or machines added. The Domain enters a reand-only state. The only
way would be to "promote" the BDC to PDC.

> my second question is wheather it is possible, that all
> administrative users can join a new machine to the domain and
> not only the root user?

Yes, if using privileges you must set the  SeMachineAccountPrivilege.
Something like
net rpc rights grant username SeMachineAccountPrivilege

Hope this helps,
Bruno Guerreiro