[Samba] About smbfs: smb_get_length error

PITFALL is85022 at cis.nctu.edu.tw
Wed Jan 11 08:05:12 GMT 2006

Hi All:

When I use samfs, sometimes I got the following messages, Mr. Google says
this is because the windows client use the share, and the connection
is "reconnected"! Does it right?
How to ward off the error? Is there any potential problem if I ignore it?

My actions are smbmount and smbumount some shares. Sometimes some shares are
smbumount before they mounted (thus cause a smbumount fail).

smb_get_length: recv error = 5
smb_request: result -5, setting invalid
smb_retry: successful, new pid=1172, generation=2
smb_get_length: recv error = 5
smb_request: result -5, setting invalid
smb_retry: successful, new pid=1195, generation=2

Thanks for your help.

Latrell.