[Samba] Can't mount dir on hdb1

sam sam at larry.wvnet.edu
Wed Jan 11 01:46:32 GMT 2006

Hi All,
Running Samba on a Fedora 4 machine in a mixed home environment.
Domain=[HOME-NETWORK] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.14a-2]

Trying unsuccessfully to mount the dir that's on hdb1 on another Fedora
4 machine. Can mount any dir from hda just fine. Only problem is the one
on hdb1. File permissions and everything else I can think of checking is
identical. Just refuses to mount hdb1. Here is the error message:

# mount -t smbfs -o ip=10.0.0.4 //BASEMENT/sharec /share
Password:
3108: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an
invalid share name)
SMB connection failed

Here is smb.conf:
[global]
         workgroup = Home-Network
         server string = Basement Router
         netbios name = basement
         security = SHARE
         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
         max log size = 50
         password server = None
         dns proxy = No
         bind interfaces only = Yes
         hosts deny = ALL
         hosts allow = 10.0.0.1 127.
         interfaces = eth0 lo

[sharec]
         comment = downloads
         path = /c
         guest ok = Yes

If I change "/c" to "/usr" or anything else it works just fine.

All suggestions welcomed.
Thanks
Sam