[Samba] Samba and ADS

markus klimke at tu-harburg.de
Mon Jan 9 20:46:10 GMT 2006

Hi Bruno,

if I understand you right, you want to setup multiple Samba Domain
Member Server on virtual machines. May I ask you why? This makes no
sense for me. If you want to use the AD for your linux clients as the
user and password server, you just have to start winbind on your
(virtual) clients. That's it. If I am wrong and you really want to setup
more than one Domain Member Server, be sure to use another idmap backend
(ldap or rid). In this case you have to do a "net ads join" for every of
these machines. Or you let create a user with administrator privileges
you can use.

-markus