[Samba] Users can't pause or cancel print jobs

Jürgen Hoffmann jh at byteaction.de
Mon Jan 9 15:36:14 GMT 2006

Hi,

reading smb.conf, I found

       lprm command (S)
              This parameter specifies the command to be executed on the
server host in order to delete a print job.

              This command should be a program or script which takes a
printer name and job number, and deletes the print job.

              If a %p is given then the printer name is put in its
place. A %j is replaced with the job number (an integer).

              Note that it is good practice to include the absolute path
in the lprm command as the PATH may not be available to the server.

              Default: lprm command = # depends on the setting of
printing

              Example: lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j

              Example: lprm command = /usr/bin/cancel %p-%j

Maybe this will help you. There is also a lpq command directive

Kind regards

Juergen Hoffmann