[Samba] Running Samba-Swat on Ubuntu System

Roberto Mason baubba at rmasonfamily.info
Sun Jan 8 16:44:37 GMT 2006

I'm running Ubuntu with samba 3.0.21a. Ubuntu has both Webmin and
Samba-Swat for Samba Administration, but I prefer to use Samba-SWAT. The
problem I have with Ubuntu, is the root user in deactivated. When I go
to run Samba-Swat, I have to log on as a regular user, and I end up not
having Global, Share, Wizard or Pinter Icons.

I know I can use Webmin, but my preference is Swat. Anyone know how I
can get around this problem?

believed to be clean.