[Samba] How to compile on FreeBSD 5.4 Samba 3.0.20b?

Alberto Moreno portsbsd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 02:11:29 GMT 2006

Hi people.

   I run freebsd 5.4-p8 and want to start working with samba. I normally use
the porst to install programs on freebsd. But i read the Makefile and see
that we have a lot of arguments to chose and some are default, i want to
know wich options i will use on 2 situations i want to test.

   A) windows 2k AC enviroment
       -Workgroup.

    B) Windows 2003 AD
        -Windows XP clients
        -DNS
        -AD

     On both situations i want to:

       -I want to share 1 folder on FreeBSD
       -I want that freebsd machine appear on Microsoft Windows Network Link
       -I want to access windows share folders from Freebsd machine, is
posible...?

      This are the options i have on freebsd to compile samba:

                LDAP            "With LDAP support" on \
                ADS             "With Active Directory support" off \
                CUPS            "With CUPS printing support" on \
                WINBIND         "With WinBIND support" on \
                ACL_SUPPORT     "With ACL support" off \
                AIO_SUPPORT     "With experimental AIO support" off \
                SYSLOG          "With Syslog support" off \
                QUOTAS          "With Quota support" off \
                UTMP            "With UTMP support" on \
                MSDFS           "With MSDFS support" off \
                SAM_XML         "With XML smbpasswd backend" off \
                SAM_MYSQL       "With MYSQL smbpasswd backend" off \
                SAM_PGSQL       "With PostgreSQL smbpasswd backend" off \
                SAM_OLD_LDAP    "With Samba2.x LDAP smbpasswd backend" off \
                PAM_SMBPASS     "With SMB PAM module" off \
                EXP_MODULES     "With experimental module(s)" off \
                POPT            "With installed POPT library" on

   Here wich options i use for one of each situations i have?

   Is all my doubt, hope someone could help me with this qustions, thanks.

   NOTE: I already have cups and mysql!!!

   Thanks all for your time!!!