[Samba] Dual Mode Security

King, Rogie RoKing at carroll.edu
Thu Jan 5 17:56:41 GMT 2006

Hi there,

Simple question.  I currently have security = server mode working for my
samba installation on a freebsd unix box where I work.  I am wondering
if I can use a dual mode of security.  For example, I want to be able to
authenticate certain samba user shares against the samba password file
rather than the Active Directory server that I authenticate against
sometimes.  Better would be to have samba check the passwords file
first, if NO authentication, then proceed onto the Active Directory
auth.  Can this be done with Samba?

Thanks,

Rogie