[Samba] Problems with MySQL backend.

Filip Jirsák filip at jirsak.org
Thu Jan 5 15:03:08 GMT 2006

On 1/5/06, Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry at samba.org> wrote:

> This really boils down to a communication problem.  Developers
> are expected to subscribe to both the samba-cvs and the samba-technical
> lists.  The samba-pdbsql alias is really only intended for use in
> bugzilla (default owner of pdb_sql component).

OK, bugzilla is probably the best place for discussion about several pdb*sql
modules problems - it is public, so everyone can find if someone else works
on some problem or tested it and so on.

In a perfect world, everyone would know what's going on in
> every aspect of the code tree.  But that's doesn't scale very well.
> It's a big code base.  The only realy way to deal with this is to
> eat our own dogfood.  A simple small test server running the
> SAMBA_3_0 tree (updated every few days or so).  That way, when
> something in the pdb*sql modules break, whether intentionally or
> not, you will know immediately.

At this moment I ca't have two small test servers - one for mysql and
another for pgsql. So I can test code for mysql it it can compile and start,
but I'm not able to test it for longer time. For pgsql I can do this. It
will be great if for example Florian can test pdb_mysql more.

Filip, you and I should stay in closer contact.  I'll try to
> remember to ping you when there is any relevant developments that
> I think you should be aware of.

OK, thanks a lot. I will look tomorrow and within weekend on current CVS
code and I will try to tidy pdb_sql issues in bugzilla so we will know what
is critical, what is already done etc.

Cheers,

Filip

--