[Samba] Problems with MySQL backend.

Filip Jirsák filip at jirsak.org
Thu Jan 5 11:07:21 GMT 2006

On 1/5/06, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 07:41:44PM +0100, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> >
> > I use the pdb_mysql module in an environment with about 100 clients and
> > 1.500 users. We have a self-written web interface, and Samba and the web
> > interface are based on the pdb_mysql module.
> >
> > However, I am no programmer, so I need your help.
> >
> > I can test, debug and act as a contact person, however, I need someone
> > supporting me as a developer, as I can't code a single line. :-)
> >
> > Do you see any chance in this?
>
> Ok, then you can be the tester for this but we still need a maintainer.
> I don't have the free time to do the code on this. Is there anyone
> who depends on this who can maintain the code.
>
> Jeremy.

Ok, I think it's time to someone say "I will maintain this." So I'm
saying it :-) I can maintain pdb_*sql code - I depends on pdb_pgsql,
but I think it is effective to maintain both mysql and pgsql together.

Jeremy, do you think if it will be useful to create samba-sql mail
list for these who take interest on samba pdb_*sql modules?

Filip Jirsák

--
Filip Jirsák
filip at jirsak.org