[Samba] Winbind idmap_rid working but still no access to shares

Geoffrey Scott geoffs at guestshire.com
Wed Jan 4 05:37:03 GMT 2006

Hi all.
My ADS samba member server passes all the tests in SBE chapter 7.3, but
users still get asked for their password when they access their home share
from a windows box.  Please can someone take a look at the attached config
and log files (if they get through) and tell me what's wrong?

The only thing that seems different in the testing is that the domain part
doesn't get returned when I do wbinfo -u and so on.  The rest of the testing
gets passed with flying colours.......

Oh, there's a slab of VB in it for any resident in Australia that can solve
the problem  ;-)

Regards Geoff Scott