printing = bsd broke smbd? [was Re: [Samba] samba 3.0.21a without printig

Beast beast at ldap.or.id
Fri Jan 6 10:43:44 GMT 2006

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
>>---------------------------------
>>how can i disable it totaly?
>

> Set 'printing = bsd'

When setting "printing=bsd" on my samba, client wont able to resolve the
server.

In windows client, it says "The specified network name is no longer
available".

Using smbclient:

[samba]# smbclient -L svr4 -Uuser
Password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[DOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.20b]

         Sharename       Type      Comment
         netlogon        Disk      Network Logon Service
         Pub             Disk      Public Share

session setup failed: Call returned zero bytes (EOF)
NetBIOS over TCP disabled -- no workgroup available

[samba]# smbclient -L svr4 -Uuser
Password:
session setup failed: Call returned zero bytes (EOF)

I can attach debug3 if you wish, but I found no clue in there ;-p