[Samba] Another newbie searching for help.....

Rodrigo López Negrete de la Fuente soyrush at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 21:09:04 GMT 2006

Hello

I'm wondering if anybody has ever done anything like what I'm trying to do,
and if so please help!!!
This is the situation. I'm working at a university that has a classroom full
of WinXP PC's. These machines conncect to a Win Server 2003 box, where they
get the user policies and active direcory stuff. Now, we want to put a
switch and a Linux Server between the the classroom and the university's
network. This new linux server will have two NICs one for the new private
network, and the other to connect to the university's network. The question
is: is it possilbe to redirect the WinXP boxes to the Windows Server using
the Linux box so they can get their policies, etc? I've been thinking of
doing this with Samba, is this possible?

Thanks!! Any help will be very much appreciated!!!!!
Rodrigo

--
Rodrigo López Negrete
http://muon.blogdns.org/~rush/