[Samba] Active Directory authentication fails

Chip Burke cburke at innova-partners.com
Thu Jan 5 15:11:48 GMT 2006

I am trying to get Samba to authenticate to a Win2k DC. The error I
consistently get is "Failed to verify incoming ticket" Using wbinfo I can
pull the user and groups from the DC. Using krb5 I can get a good ticket
from the DC. I have the winbind options in my smb.conf exactly as listed in
the docs. The Linux box did a "net join ads" no sweat. After sitting a
while, I no longer get the same error on the Linux box, but the Windows
clients get "There are currently no logon servers available to service the
logon request." I imagine something isn't happy with how the Samba box is
getting SIDs or something like that from the Windows DC. How do I begin to
troubleshoot?

Chip Burke