[Samba] Re: Cannot log in to domain

Edward Luck ed.luck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 12:38:41 GMT 2006

Hm, well I fixed this problem.  For some *bizarre reason*, my
/etc/passwd file had been chmod'ed to 640 (rw-r-----) - when it should
be 644 (rw-r--r--).  Samba was unable to read the file when a user
logs into the domain because the user that the smbd process was
running as had no access to the passwd file.

I literally wasted about 12 hours on this, all for a stupid file
permission problem. D'oh is me.

--
Keep flying, and stay shiny.